July 29, 2010

How To Make Micro Sim For iPhone 4/iPad (DIY)

Upon having my iPhone 4 three days ago I had to result to DIY to use the phone. I know you can buy sim cutter but I don't want to because I will never use it again and it will just be a waste of money.

So here we go... Now first we have to know the measurements on the micro sim. Not all sim card are the same, the metal part comes in different sizes depending on its capability or the time you've been having it.

micro sim measurements: width = 12mm length = 15mm

Let's start the fun.

These are the tools I used to make my life easier, the most important is the Blade 11 surgical knife or the equivalent. I never use scissors cause they can ruin your sim if you are not careful in cutting and they don't give precision cut. Measure 1mm from the 3 sides of the sim excluding the curved side. Use the tip of your cutting device as a marker not a pen or a pencil if you want a precise cut. After making a line on the sides, now measure 15mm/1.5cm form the bottom of the sim after the 1mm measurement and cut. Now for the curve side. Now file the edges, I used fine metal files but you can also use fine sandpaper. Don't over do it and occasionally put in the sim tray to achieve a perfect fit. And now the fitting, also take a look the metal plate they are different, the Globe sim it quite old and the O2 sim is more recent but it still works. You can now test the sim card, if it works----well done and enjoy but, if doesn't then just do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment